Tuesday, April 14, 2009

At last... I believe I am ready.

After long periods of deliberation and discovery, I have decided that the best way for me to teach others about science and critical thinking is from the heart. In fact, I will use my own perspective as a demonstration, recounting how I have fought against my own ignorance and why I fight for the illumination of others.

In my previous writings, I have tended to write about what I have learned without mentioning my own desire to learn and to teach, nor the personal meaning I derive from it. This, I believe, is a mistake:
` Rather than just reporting the straight dope (as well as I can), showing people how it affects me as a person would most likely help others understand the reasons why I work to get these ideas across.

Such a personal journey may seem like a startling approach until one realizes that brilliant minds like Richard Feynman and Carl Sagan had been quite successful using similar methods. There's just something about learning from another human being who is in awe of the universe and our ability to learn about it that makes others want to be in awe as well.

And that is where I'll begin.

No comments: